Consumer Credit Counseling Services
Affinity offers free credit counseling services through Navicore Solutions and Consumer Credit Counseling Services of SF (Balance). You can select which of the two organizations to work with you. For those wishing in person service, Navicore has a New Jersey office. Both of these organizations credit counselors are certified by the National Foundation for Credit Counseling through a series of rigorous examinations on credit and money management. Any information provided or discussed with your credit counselor is held in the strictest confidence.
Credit Report Review including:
- Your overall financial picture
- How to improve your credit score
- The negative and positive factors that can affect your credit score
- Credit line utilization
- Explanation of judgments and derogatory marks (accounts in collections, bankruptcies, civil judgments, and liens) and how long these remain on a credit report
- The best way to close accounts and remove trades from your credit report
Budget Review including:
- Thorough review of your financial situation and monthly expenses
- Guidance on where you can cut back to increase positive cash flow
- Recommended payment plan options to decrease debt load
- Alternative financing options to improve your credit, monthly cash flow and financial stability for the future
After assessing your current financial situation and obligations, your credit counselor may recommend a formal debt management plan, including alternative options for refinancing your debt and/or negotiating pay down amounts with creditors and a managed repayment plan. Please note: if you elect to have your counselor manage a debt repayment program on your behalf, there is a $25 monthly fee for this service.
Housing Counseling for Hardship Mortgage Modifications
Both organizations are certified by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to offer counseling and guidance regarding obtaining a hardship modification to your mortgage.
Pre-filing Bankruptcy Counseling
The revised bankruptcy law requires that you receive pre-filing bankruptcy counseling and debtor education before your attorney can file your bankruptcy in court. Navicore offers counseling in-person and both Navicore and Balance by phone - whichever is more convenient for you.
Counseling is available by appointment via phone:
Or in person at Navicore:
200 US Highway 9
Manalapan, NJ 07726