5 Budgeting and Money Management Tools Members Benefit From Every Day
March 8, 2022 – Between bills, groceries, pets and other necessary expenses, it can be overwhelming to try and keep track of all your spending. Sometimes, it may seem impossible to live within your means and make sure you’re saving for bigger purchases like a car or house, or even just building a rainy-day fund. Luckily, Affinity Federal Credit Union members have access to many resources and products that can help make your money work for you. Here are five tools that can assist with budgeting and achieving your goals:
- Online Calculators:1 The Affinity website offers various calculators you can use to plan your finances. These calculators pertain to home buying, auto buying, building savings and retirement planning. They are great tools to help estimate how much you can save and spend while still being able to afford necessary expenses. Using these calculators can help paint a picture of how much you need to set aside regularly to ensure you have enough to achieve your saving or purchasing goals.
- Cash Back Debit Card:2Most people think cash-back perks are only for credit cards, but not for Affinity members! You can get a cash-back debit card that will provide 1% cash back on all purchases, deposited right into your account. With no minimum balance or initial deposits requirements, anyone can take advantage of these savings. Additionally, there are no monthly fees and cash back can be up to $10.00 per month, so potentially you could earn $120.00 in a year by using your card for everyday purchases. With direct deposit you can get paid up to two days earlier as well.
- Overdraft Protection:3 Affinity offers members various options to protect your accounts from overdraft. Debit card courtesy pay, now with no fees for transactions under $75,4 allows Affinity to approve an overdraft charge so you can pay it back later without your card getting declined. The overdraft protection plan enables you to draw from an approved savings account to cover charges that exceed your checking account balance. A personal line of credit overdraft transfer costs just pennies a day since interest is only charged for the number of days the funds are used.
- Online and Mobile Banking: Affinity members can access and manage their accounts online5 and through our mobile app.6 You are able to see your accounts and statements, as well as pay your Affinity loans and credit cards. You can also use the money management tool and receive alerts so you’re always on top of your accounts and can stay on track toward financial goals.
- Enrich and Kofetime: Our members also have free access to two online learning and money management platforms. Enrich7 offers modules where you can learn about money management, credit, retirement and more. It’s a great starting point for anyone seeking financial education. Kofetime8 will connect you with a financial coach, or you can use the interactive modules and tools to learn how to save money.
Affinity wants our members to achieve financial wellbeing as easily as possible, which is why we strive to provide products and resources to help along your journey. If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact a financial advisor or call our member service center. If you are not already a member, apply today!9
This information is for informational purposes only and is intended to provide general guidance and does not constitute legal, tax, or financial advice. Each person’s circumstances are different and may not apply to the specific information provided. You should seek the advice of a financial professional, tax consultant, and/or legal counsel to discuss your specific needs before making any financial or other commitments.
- Retrieved from: https://www.affinityfcu.com/tips-and-tools/calculators/index.aspx
- Retrieved from: http://cloud.connect.affinityfcu.com/cashback
- Retrieved from: https://www.affinityfcu.com/banking/checking/overdraft-protection.aspx
- Retrieved from: https://www.affinityfcu.com/tips-and-tools/affinity-connect-blog/2022/start-2022-with-less-fees-affinity-implements-fee-reductions-and-removals-for-debit-card-courtesy-pay.aspx
- Retrieved from: https://www.affinityfcu.com/banking/online-banking/index.aspx
- Retrieved from: https://www.affinityfcu.com/banking/mobile-banking/index.aspx
- Retrieved from: https://affinityfcu.enrich.org/
- Retrieved from: https://afcu.kofetime.com/wp-login.php
- Retrieved from: https://www.affinityfcu.com/