Work-Life Balance and Culture
Affinity honors the value of diversity in the staff, member, and potential-member communities. We aspire to bring people of diverse backgrounds and experiences into leadership, management, and member/volunteer roles within the Affinity Federal Credit Union. We know that an inclusive environment, where all contributions are valued, is critical to ensuring future success.
Work/Life Balance Initiatives
Affinity is fully committed to maintaining a healthy balance between our employees' personal and professional responsibilities. To maintain this balance, Affinity offers:
- Paid time off/vacation beginning at 19 days per calendar year for regular full-time employees. Part-time employees earn paid time off based on tenure and average number of hours worked per week.
- Legal assistance program
- Adoption assistance program
- Employee assistance program
- Comprehensive company-paid employee wellness program including onsite fitness center, yoga classes, monthly lunch-and-learn seminars, annual health fair and flu shots.
Employee Recognition Programs
Recognition of our employees is an important part of Affinity's culture. We have various programs that recognize and honor employees during the course of their career at Affinity. Some of our programs include an annual achievement award, on-the-spot awards, and service anniversary recognitions.
Affinity's Employee Events Committee coordinates events throughout the year to promote fun and team building. A sampling of these events includes:
- Employee Holiday Celebration
- Somerset Patriots Ballgame
- Bowling Night
- New York City excursions
Affinity has always been committed to making a positive difference in the lives of others in our communities. Through our 501(c)3 Foundation, Affinity gives back to the communities we serve as well as encourages our employees to participate in various local events and volunteer programs.