Deposit Checks on the Go with Affinity's Mobile App
By Lisa M. Aldape, Marketing Manager, Affinity Federal Credit Union
Affinity’s mobile banking app offers advanced tools, such as mobile deposits, to help to make mobile banking a secure and convenient way to virtually manage banking anywhere, anytime at your own schedule.
It’s very easy to use and only takes a few moments. You can watch our tutorial video or review these steps below:
- Log in to your Affinity mobile banking app and select “Check Deposit” from the menu bar.
- Choose the account that you want to deposit your check to.
- Enter the amount and be sure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Sign the back of your check and write, “For Mobile Deposit Only.” This step is very important!
- After endorsing your check, take a picture of your check. To get the best picture possible:
- Flatten your check so the entire image is visible and in focus on the camera screen –all four corners should be showing.
- Place the check on a solid dark background and in a well-lit area.
- Keep your device flat, steady and above the check.
- Select “Front” to activate the camera.
- Take a picture of the front of your check and choose “Keep Picture” if the image is usable.
- Repeat for the back of your check.
- Choose “Deposit”.
Once the above steps are complete, you will receive an email stating that your deposit was received by Affinity with a Receipt Reference Number.
- Mobile Deposits received prior to 4:00 EST Monday through Friday will generally post to your account by 6:30pm EST on non-federal holidays. If the deposit is received after 4:00pm EST on those days, it will generally post to your account by 6:30pm EST the next business day.
To find out more about what types of checks are eligible for mobile deposits go to AffinityFCU.com/MobileDeposit or check out page 41 of the Affinity Federal Credit Union’s Account